ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Thursday, May 29, 2014

She Reads Truth - Prayer in the Bible Day 20


Prayer in the Bible Day 20 - Practice

We have talked about making and keeping an appointment with God, a specific time and place for building our relationship. Yesterday we learned about two types of prayer, Private and Corporate (prayer we share with others). Today we are going to put these two types of prayer into practice.

Step out of your comfort zone and turn your focus on one of the two prayer types that might make you feel uncomfortable. If you are comfortable praying alone but praying with someone else makes you squirm than focus on keeping an appointment with a friend to pray.

Private Prayer
Goal - Praying alone at an appointment time

Review the following scriptures about private prayer: Matthew 6:6, Mark 1:35, Luke 5:16, Luke 6:12, Acts 10:9 and Daniel 6:10.

Make / Find a realistic space for daily prayer

Pick a location and make it yours

Commit this time to the Lord

Praying with Others
Goal - Ask the Lord to help you choose a person to pray with

Review the following scriptures about praying with others: Acts 2:42, Acts 20:36, James 5:16, 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Choose a comfortable place where you and your prayer partner can pray, talk, praise, and enjoy Christian companionship


From my Journal,

Praying and bible study in small groups makes me feel really nervous. People can get really heated and defensive when others have a difference of opinion, especially when it comes to religion. I have tried to have fellowship with some of friends and it ended with feeling upset and judged about my views and thoughts. I feel intimidated because of those interactions with sharing my feelings and personal thoughts about my faith. 

Currently I really don't have any close friends that I feel okay praying with. I would really like to pray with my husband, but he is not very religious. I am trying to get my husband to open up about being more involved in our faith. I try to talk to him daily about what I'm doing to grow my relationship with God.

My goal is to keep praying in private, talking to my husband about our faith, and to find someone (hopefully soon my husband) to pray with.

Tomorrow is the end of our study She Reads Truth - Prayer in the Bible. Tomorrow is a meditate and memorize day. Take tomorrow and look about over your journal entries and all the scriptures we have used along the way. Pick out your favorites and take some quiet time to memorize them into your heart.

I will start looking into the next study over the weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment