ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Monday, June 16, 2014

Today is the Day

Today is the day that I meet with my Neurologist to discuss and finalize the start of my MS (multiple sclerosis) treatment. I have to be 100% honest I am struggling today. My husband keeps telling me not to stress that we will deal with it as it comes, one day at a time. But I'm scared of what treatment might bring, sickness, fatigue, and the inability to be me...a mom, a wife, a sister, a friend and in-charge of my household.

I am so emotional and stressed. I found this website / webpage and it reminded me that sitting in worry is not what I should be doing right now, there is someone that I should be turning to for comfort, God.

http://godsgracefulness.com

The moment I feel afraid or overwhelmed, I reach for His hand. I go directly to Him and pray.  It wasn’t always this easy. I used to just sit and worry. I would worry so much that I’d forget to pray and read the Word.
Many times we get overwhelmed with life and forget how big our God is!  God is always there to comfort us and reminding us we need to seek Him at all times in the good and bad.
Four things I’d like for us to keep in mind when feeling afraid, faithless, or overwhelmed:
1. God will comfort us: Remember your word to your servant, in which you have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your promisegives me life.  -Psalm 119:51
2. God wants us to rejoice in Hope and in His promisesRejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -Romans 12:12
3. Remain in His peace: I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. -John 16:33
4. Keep the faith and fight the good fightI have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. -2Tim. 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment