ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Funday - Dinner with Family and Friends

Yes, its Friday! The weekend is here and I am in a great mood.
My best friend and wife to my husband's cousin is coming over with the kids and we are having dinner and drinks.

I am going to make Baked Chicken Flauta's, and beanny cheesy Flauta's for the kiddos.

I found the recipe on Pinterest from Hot Cookin' Mama.

You an find the recipe on my pinterest Food Board or here is the link


Here is my version of the recipe

What you will need:
  • Regular flour tortilla's, cut in half
  • 2 / 3 chicken breasts
  • 1 can stewed or roasted tomatoes
  • 4 C water
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • Grated cheese
  • Re fried Beans (for the beanny cheesy flauta's)
  • olive oil or cooking spray
  • Sour cream, guacamole or salsa for dipping

Directions:
  • Place the chicken breasts in a large pan and cover with chicken broth or water
  • Bring to a boil then reduce heat add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes (or until chicken is done)
  • Shred chicken and mix with seasonings
  • Preheat oven to 450 degree's
  • Grease a baking sheet and set aside
  • Place shredded chicken and cheese along the edge of each cut tortilla and roll up starting from the edge. For the Beanny cheesy flauta's do the same way beans first then cheese.
  • Place seem side down on baking sheet
  • Brush with olive oil or spray with cooking spray
  • Bake in the oven for 5/10 minutes each side
My BBF is making a yummy salad and we will talk the night away! I can't wait.

Hope your weekend is great and make sure to fill it with tons of memories because we only have 940 weekends before our kids turn 18. 

No comments:

Post a Comment