ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Monday, July 21, 2014

Hope for the Weary Mom - Chapter 8


8. When You Want to Give Up

Mothering requires all of a woman. From the time you conceive you have to give your body, soul, mind and heart to your kids. Its a great thing that women-child bond, but it can sometimes seem like a curse.

When we have given it all and are then pushed, pulled, and tugged plus our coaxing, begging, and praying - and then nothing changes. We are often left empty, worn out and exhausted.

Wanting to give up

During times like these we can enter into a season of faltering faith. We don't want to hear God's voice. God might be answering your prayers by changing your heart not your circumstance. Sometimes God is outside the mess, but speaks to the mess before he sits down next to us in our mess.

A great story about being exhausted and God asking for a little more is Peter and the fishing nets - cast out your nests. Luke 5:1-9

(questions 1 of the chapter questions) Trying one more time is kind of what parenting is all about. Not giving up on our kids, but trying again through all the pain, anger, and frustration. My husband has always told me to try again tomorrow, it doesn't have to be completed today. And its true - potty training is not done in one day there are very little thing that we teach our children that can be taught in one day. "Holding out that flicker of hope, enough to propel your feet forward one more stop of faith, matters to God." - Hope for the weary Mom

God provides our salvation, we can't earn it and there's nothing we can do to earn our kids salvation. 


From my journal,

I have to remember that it's God plan and even with all my obedience and prayer that following God doesn't bring instant change for me and my family.

"Salvation doesn't come by the work of our hands."

This is really hard for me because my husband and oldest daughter are not very religious and are not strong believers. I pray almost every day for God to speak to their hearts so that they will be able to enjoy faith like I do. So that we can be a closer family in our common faith. "Because God created our hearts He knows the best way to reach them." - Hope for the Weary Mom


4. I proclaim to the world and to God that I will NEVER give up on my family and my girls. I know that God will reach the hearts of my family when the time is right. 

God - 
When I become weary and have nothing left. 
Please remind me that I have the strength to go on and not give up. 
- Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment