ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hope for the Weary Mom - Chapter 1


1. Why God Meets Us in Our Mess

Sometimes as mom's we tend to internalize everything, our feelings, our thoughts, our fears, our shortcomings, all of it. We end up with a really messy heart, sometimes just like our homes. I tend to be super controlling and a little OCD, so when my home gets messy I feel completely stressed and overwhelmed. I feel the same way when my heart gets messy, dizzy with feelings of sadness, anger, and fear. This is not a good way to live let alone be a mom to the ever watchful eyes of impressionable littles. 

The good news is God will always come meet us in our mess. He welcomes us into his comforting and loving arms with whispers of HOPE, GRACE, and begins to change us from the inside out. Hebrews 13:9 says "Your strength comes from God's grace..."

God is super willing to join us in the middle of our messes, but God savors an invitation into this place. 
"Fill it (my heart) with Your presence and begin working on the inside who you want me to be on the outside." - Hope for the Weary Mom

From my journal -

1. As I grow older I feel more overwhelmed wit my messes (both physical and in my heart / mind), they seem to grow overnight and when I wake up in the morning I'm more overwhelmed and unsure of where to start.

2. I envy other moms who have it all together. The whole look and manage to be at every game and every birthday party. Their house are spotless and they manage to get the whole family to church on time.

3. I think the changes that God makes in our hearts lead to changes in our circumstance. Once the inside mess is cleaned up it frees us to be better and THRIVE. Like the Casting Crowns song says
"We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive"

I will skip question / answer number four as it pertains to the book itself.

5. I have gotten pretty good, especially lately, at hiding how tired I am. Their are nights when I am exhausted, but I still tidy up the house before I go to bed, and then wake up early to do the laundry before the heat of the day hits. I think a mom doesn't have the luxury of hiding under the covers or falling apart. My hope is that God would throw his arms around me and comfort me - wash my tiredness and pain away.

Renew Me


No comments:

Post a Comment