ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

New study - Hope for the Weary Mom

I just stared reading Hope for the Weary Mom by Stacy Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin, and I love it! I am already on chapter three, but I think it might be a great book and subject to discuss here on the blog.

Can be found @ http://www.amazon.com/Hope-Weary-Mom


"Right now, I have nothing to give. Nothing. Nada. I’m tired and don’t feel good and honestly, I want a break from everything. It’s not that I want to leave my family, trade them in, or get new ones. I WANT to be with them. I just want a break from hard hearts, discipline, correction." This book is written by two mom's who are just like the rest of us, just trying to figure out how to be a great mom. "Stacey and Brooke understand the hearts and needs of moms today. They speak with a voice that’s encouraging, authentic and will draw in readers from many different seasons and stages of life that have one thing in common: they need hope." ~Holley Gerth, author of You're Already Amazing

At the end of each chapter there are 5 prompt questions that I am choosing to answer in my journal during my quiet time. This is not a book review type of post, I wanted to share my struggles as a mom with all of you, and hope that this will help put me on a less bumpy as a mom. Maybe by my opening up to what I;m going through I can be there for another mom who is going through the same thing. I really encourage you to follow along and interact through comments and emails to this series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment