ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Monday, July 7, 2014

Hope for the Weary Mom - Chapter 3


3. When you just don't measure up


In chapter three the idea of "removing the veil" is talked about. Saying out load all of our shortcomings as moms. Telling others about our struggles. This is not an easy thing for most moms, we take pride in being "perfect" moms, so to show what really happens inside our homes is hard. It makes us feel that we just don't measure up, we are less than other moms. 

Do you ever hide behind Fine? You know when your having a bad day or things are rough and someone asks how are you? and you answer "fine". I do this all the time, hide my feelings and pain behind the word FINE. Only my best friend and my husband know that FINE is a lie. 

I know that I put unrealistic expectations on myself and my kids, plus I feel expectations from others. And then when I don't meet these expectations I will broken, angry, and depressed. The thing I need to remember, that we all need to remember, is He has no expectations of me. "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
I need to ask for hope and grace for "He has no expectations of me."

From my journal,

1. I struggle with stress every day. It turns me into another person. I become a sharp, short and angry person that I don't want to be. Part of that comes from wanting to be the "perfect" mom and wife and I just can't let go of that image. Words that I use to describe me are "messy, worn out, and out of control."

2. I think 20% of the time the words I used to describe me are true. I don't think God has the same opinion. I can image him telling me to slow down. To not try and do it all, to have others help me and get organized so I can get more done in a timely manner. I learn that there are things that wait until tomorrow, prioritize. 

3. Do you every compare yourself, your family, your finances and your home to others? How often? I do it all the time, many many times a day. And then I feel like I'm less, have less, and don't' measure up!

4. Verses of Strength:

Philippians 4:13

Psalms 116:2

2 Timothy 1:7

James 4:8

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment