ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hope for the Weary Mom - Chapter 4


Chapter 4. When Life Hurts To Much 

Whether its loss, pain, or struggles we all have times in life when life itself hurts to much. Sometimes when we hurt so much we close off our hearts due to the pain. "My heart is constantly waiting for the next sucker-punch of life." -Hope for the Weary Mom

The past few years have been filled with set backs, hard times, and disappointments. A kind of numbness settles in when bad things keep happening. You kind of stop feeling sad when the next bad thing hits. When we experience rough times, pain, or loss we need to turn towards God instead of turning away and closing off our hearts. But the best thing is He will always be waiting to welcome us back.

Mom's seem to feel life more deeply, we hurt when our kids hurt or are sick. We are often wounded by other women in our life's instead of being encouraged. We often feel alone as mothers and wives, or feel less when we compare ourselves to others. Life is hard for everyone, but we women are emotional creatures and life often sweeps our feet out from under us.

From my journal,

The recent hardships in my life - As you have read I was diagnosed with Relapsing and Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS) in May, I have been dealing with chronic lower back pain since 2010, my oldest daughter is having some trouble with drugs, alcohol and has become sexually active with no remorse or thought about the promise she made to save herself for marriage or obey our house rules, my youngest is a crazy active little spark that tries my limits everyday, and I wish my husband would be a stronger Christian and take the lead more often.


2. Since I reinvested myself in my faith I have really tried not to second guess God's plan, But there are times when I have to remind myself "God only gives us what we handle." Guided studies and books for christian women have really been my saving grace, plus I love sharing my thoughts here on the blog.


3. I closed off my heart and turned away from God shortly before having my oldest daughter (from shame). I just floated along through life, investing way to much into the life's of my friends. I think I was searching for that loving and supportive relationship that only God can provide. It took all my friends turning away from me to realize this, that I needed to reconnect and reinvest my time with God. 


5. God had a plan for us before we are even born. He is there to keep us on that path. To guide us down the right road. As mother's we need to lead our children down this road with us. Because of free will we sometimes take a side road, or get off at the wrong exit. But God is our map, always constant and willing to lead us. Sometimes those wrong turns give us the experience to handle something later. I think sometimes the struggle of control leads to things not going our way as a lesson / reminder that God is in control. We need to live life under God's plan not our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment