ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hope for the Weary Mom - Chapter 6


Chapter 6. When The Gentle Words Won't Come

"For whatever is in your heart determines what you say." - Matthew 12:34


I have talked about this before, that in times of high stress or when I'm struggling with something I do not have gentle words. I want to be gentle, but then I feel like my daughters and others will see me as a push over or that no one hears me. I often feel that I have to be curt and sometimes straight to the point or others will not believe that I'm saying or that I don't know what I'm talking about. 

Especially with my oldest I want her to have that faith in me, believing everything I say, like when she was little. When girls are young they look up to their mothers and have trust that everything they say is true and honest. No all my daughter does is question what I say and go out of her way to proof me wrong. I don't want this frustrated feeling that I have towards me daughter, I want to show her kindness, love, and give her my gentle words. I feel like I am failing my daughters, I feel like a failure as a mother and a wife.

The issues that I have with my oldest daughter stem from the fact that we close in age and are really alot alike. She has a wall built around her - she's prickly and I try to talk to her and be gentle, but then she makes fun of me. I'm at a loss - how do I fix this? I don't know what to do!

"We live through seasons of constant failure." - Hope for the Weary Mom

I want more control over what comes out of my mouth.

NO MORE HARSHNESS

NO MORE YELLING

NO MORE HURTFUL WORDS

There are several ways shared in the book that we can relax, find rest, and look for gentle beauty in the world. I liked the idea of taking beautiful pictures. Getting down close to small beautiful things, and sharing taking pictures with my girls. Go on a walk and take pictures of seemingly simple things that we can look at later and remember the moment it was taken.

One of the exercises that I chose to do was to make a list of things that I love about each of my girls.

Shay                                                                             Cloe

Her creativity                                                                Loving Nature
1st born                                                                        Inquisitiveness
Smart                                                                           Smart
Loves books, like I do                                                  Manners
Her beauty                                                                   Her Excitement
Free spirit                                                                     Her voice
Leader                                                                         Old Soul
Her drawings                                                                Our conversations






No comments:

Post a Comment