ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Friday, May 2, 2014

She Reads Truth - Prayer in the Bible Day 3


Prayer in the Bible Day 3 - Practicing Praise

Day 3 Scripture: Psalm 8, 1 Chronicles 16:7-36, Psalm 100

Everything done right requires practice. We have to practice to say thank you to God. First we have to ask ourselves "How do I see God's hand at work in my life?" The answer to this question are the things that we need to say thank you for. 

We also have to remember that we have to say thank you even in the harder times. This doesn't always happen when we are in the thick of the storm, but saying thank you after the calm has come. Thank you for bring the storm that put me back on my path or kept me from going down a rough road. After we start challenging ourselves to say thank you, we will start giving our thanks naturally.

shereadstruth.com has a great exercise for "thank you" beginners. Pretend that you are writing God a thank you note. 

God,

I am sincerely thankful for _______________________.
Thank you
I'm faithfully yours

Try every day to say thank you, for everything at first. Before long you will be thanking God all the time. This might be a practice that you have to do every once in awhile. If you notice that you haven't thanked God daily then set up a challenge for yourself to thank God daily for 2 weeks, or a month etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment