ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hope for the Weary Mom - Chapter 5


5. When you want to run and hide

There have been many days as a mother I have wanted to just hide, when the frustrations of the day seem to much and you just cant take any more. My oldest has really been pushing my husband and I to our breaking point lately. Rebelling against all our rules and beliefs coupled with her nasty attitude, make me want to either bang my head against the wall or simply stay hiding under me covers. My youngest is like nothing I have ever met in a 3.5 year old girl, she is more similar to a 3.5 year old boy. So much energy, she doesn't even know what to do with it all. I think she sucks it out of me!

God will often put us just where we wants us. Just like the story of Hagar - weary and worn God placed her where she would hear his voice. There is no place that we can hide from God, He knows our hearts and so knows all our hiding places. He looks intently for us, scans the world for us, to find us and show us His love and support. Its a secret game of hide and seek, one that God always wins.

Mary Magdalene and the burial of Jesus is another great example of God meeting us in our messiness. Mary went to prepare Jesus' body and there she fell broken in grief, She fell to her knees at the tomb. And it was then that Jesus spoke her name, met her in her mess. She clung to Jesus and believed in the miracle that running to him might create.
We need to cling to Jesus so that we too might have miracles performed in our lives. Hebrew 4:16 and the book of Esther are wonderful places to learn how we need to run to Him instead of running and hiding from Him.

"But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength." Isaiah 40:31

From my journal,

My favorite place to relax and get away for a little while is in my backyard. I lay out in the warm sun and daydream or read while Cloe plays in her little pool. Sometimes I just sit there and listen to her playing or laugh. Its peaceful!

Lately I go to the Lord in prayer more than I read my bible. I do love reading all the stories of advice and guidance, its comforting to know that its a place I can always turn to. And there is comfort in knowing that Jesus once lived a life filled with conflicts, frustrations, and discomfort just like my life. 

There is nothing I can't tell God for he has heard it all and knows the intentions of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment