ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hope for the Weary Mom - Chapter 9


9. When the World Presses In

I am not going to go very in depth on this chapter, since deep hurt and loss have not hit my life yet. I have had people close to me die, but I have not had anyone in my immediate family pass. I give my sincere condolences to those have.

During the hardest of times please remember that God does walk away from us we walk away from God, but all we have to do is turn around and He will be there waiting.

Her are some tips for preparing for and getting through when the world presses in on you.

1. Build your foundation now 
-Build your life on the rock and on the word of God. 
-Don't wait for tomorrow to give your life to God, build an intimate relationship with God.
-Build, Build, Build
-Find a church and surround yourself with people that have a strong relationship with God. 
-Find time everyday to pray and read the word
-Say "Yes" to God, commit to obey His word.

2. Try hard not to walk through life alone
-Meet your neighbors
-Join one of the groups at your church
-Stay close to your family
-Invest in relationships with others outside your household

3. Keep talking to God
-Tell God how you feel
-God is big enough to handle all our feelings, so let him have it all

4. Refuse to let go of hope
"There is life beyond the tragedy It's hard to see that or accept it when you're tight in the middle." - Tracey Hope for the Weary Mom

Tomorrow is the last chapter of this study so make sure to check in tomorrow for that and info on what I'm reading next.




No comments:

Post a Comment