ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A little Background - And Welcome


I want to start this wonderful journey of a blog by giving you a little background about me and my family. My mom was raised in the United Pentecostal Church / Apostolic (UPC) and all of her family was in “the group” and most still are. She met my dad through one of her brothers and so the relationship began. After my parents were married my dad decided to go to Christian Bible School with the goal of being a UPC pastor. This was all before I was born. When I was 1 my parents decided that the churches views were too focused on outward appearances and what you needed to do to prove yourself as holy. They attended a Grace based Christian church and felt liberated; they finally found a place where the teachings of the church matched their beliefs about the teachings of the Bible.
My early experiences with religion and church were split between my parents and the Christian church and time spent with my grandparents (my mom’s parents) attending UPC church. In my preteen years I continued to attend church with my parents and whet to Christian summer camp. It wasn’t until my teen years that I began to rebel and not go to church.

I had my oldest daughter when I was 15 and after that I kind of avoided church. My husband and I got engaged when I was 18, did our premarital Christian counseling and were married in 2004. My husband’s family is all catholic and so he was raised catholic. My husband and I never really talked about religion, our views, or what we could teach our children about faith/religion until after we married.
In the past few years I have felt the pull to re-engage in my faith. I started asking my husband what he thought about finding and joining a church. Did he want us / our family to be Catholic or Christian. The answer has always been the same “I don’t care, either way” and “I don’t mind going to church, but I don’t agree with what they say / teach.” So my daughter started going to youth group at a local Christian church and I started doing my own private bible study alone.

And now here is a little about my own family. I’m Lindsy a stay at home mom, my husband Chad works for an oil company, our oldest daughter is 14 and our youngest daughter is 3. We were born and raised in Northern California where we currently live.


So that brings us to the present. The purpose of this blog is to share my journey of faith, personal relationship with God, and my family’s journey along the way. I in no way have in depth knowledge about Christianity or the “correct” way to have faith or a relationship with God. This is just my personal experiences and ways of thinking. I hope that you enjoy this blog and engage through comments and personal emails. We all have room to grow and I look forward to growing with you through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment