ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Monday, January 6, 2014

A little More Background


I mentioned before that after I had my oldest daughter I avoided church. I think I had so much shame and trauma from having a child while still being a child myself that it was too painful to hear the messages that church had to offer. My parents had such strong feelings of disappointment that I thought the church would have them also. Over the years my family and friends have tried to get me to attend church and bible study, I was still so stuck in my shame that I always declined. If this sounds like you then I’m sure you are familiar with “I just haven’t found the right church for me”, “I am too shy for bible study”, excuse, excuse, excuse. I think the two main issues were my shame and not wanting to be judged.
We often feel unworthy to approach God and have the loving and intimate relationship that He wants us to have with him! Shame prevents us from intimacy with God because it makes us feel unworthy and distant from Him.

Hebrews 10:22, "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water."

God wants us to draw near to Him with a clean conscience that has been freed from dead works!
Women are more affected by shame then men. We often feel that we don’t measure up and are never good enough even for God. We as women have these feeling more often because of the curse / consequences given down from the falling of Eve.
 
There are two things we need to remember Romans 8:1 -There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. And we have been given grace. I will touch more on grace in my next post till then… May God keep you and bless you. Rest in his love for he enough…and so are we!

 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment