ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Vacation - Being Present and Staying Centered


Rags to Stitches

My family and my best friends family are preparing to go on vacation next week to the coast. The beach is one of my favorite places to go. We try to rent a beach house every year for a week so that we can really soak in all that ocean air and get away from the stresses of everyday life. But we weren't able to go last year, so I have been craving a long vacation since 2011.



Every time we go I always tell myself that I should bring my bible study and a vacation journal and use them, but each year I leave them at home. I really want to try and make the commitment to follow through. In past years with so many people and kids in the house my OCD really kicks in and I end up feeling more stressed on the trip then I do at home. I think if I take 20 minutes each morning alone it might center me and help me remember that I have to let go and just enjoy my vacation and time with my family.

I have been wanting to start a bible journal (I have had the journal in my nightstand drawer for a couple weeks) maybe this will be the jump start that I need.

I can't wait to get my toes in the sand and take a walk to the tide pools. Stay tuned for pictures from our trip.

Rags to Stitches
ragstostitches.com

No comments:

Post a Comment