ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

She Reads Truth - Prayer in the Bible Day 5


Prayer in the Bible Day 5: Confession & Repentance

Day 5 Scripture: Luke 15:11-32 The Parable of the Lost Son

The thing about sinning, confessing, and repenting is that we first have to be honest with ourselves that we have done something against God and our beliefs. Once we have been honest with ourselves that this is something we didn't mean or want to do and we are not happy with the what we have done we must then go to God and those affected by our sin. We can't go to God with some preconceived thought of how God will respond or with an expectation of what restoration might look like. Confession and Repentance is very simple we have to take our offending sin to God, be honest and genuinely repent and want to do better. 

No matter the sin or how long you turn away from God He will always gladly welcome you Home.

From my journal:
It's such a reassuring thought that God will always celebrate our return home, but the going home can sometimes be so hard. It took me almost 13 years to get back to God, and I struggled a lot in these years with other sins and brokenness. I was face down in my sin and the devil made me feel unworthy of God's forgiveness and love. It took having my second daughter to forgive myself and not think about what God was going to do. I finally stepped out of the dark and turned to God. Nothing really happened at first, but I continued to pray and pray! I started to feel God with me and have the confidence that only He can bring. My life started to fall into place and I felt happy and peaceful. There are still days when nothing goes right, I yell at my kids, or I'm selfish but my life is in such a better place having a relationship with God. 
"He was dead and has come back to life."
"He was lost and now he is found."


No comments:

Post a Comment