ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

She Reads Truth - Prayer in the Bible Day 6


Prayer in the Bible Day 6: Practicing 
Confession and Repentance

Day 6 Scripture: Psalm 51:1-12

Just like an skill that we learn we must practice. Start by reading today's scripture and then write down a couple prayers of confession and repentance. 

Here are some prompts to get you started:

- Who have I injured? What action caused this hurt?

- When have I put myself, others, or other things before God?

- Ask God to show you any un-confessed sins.

- Reflect on your day and go to God with your sins of the day.

Make sure to ask for forgiveness (freedom) from the guilt and for guidance to do better.

"Have mercy on my O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out my sins, wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin for I recognize my sin, it haunts me day and night." - Psalm 51:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment