ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Namesake Week 5 Day 3: Disappointing God

Today's Scripture: Luke 22:31-34, Luke 22:54-62

A few years ago a co-worker of mine told me "You can't hold others to the expectations that you hold yourself too." After all these years that advise still stays with me, I remind myself of it whenever I feel disappointed by the actions of others. I think that some people (some Christians even) wonder what is the positive in living in this post-Eden imperfect world? Jessica LaGrone's response is "we get to see how God deals with disappointment" Just live a parent, when God feels disappointment with us its because we are making bad choices and He only wants the best for us. The best thing about God and a lesson that we should all learn is even when deeply disappointment God response with GRACE. God will reach out to us again, and again, and again.

Here are some examples of God's grace:

Ephesians 2:8-9

Hebrews 4:16

Romans 5:1-2

"When we act in disappointing ways, God is not surprised. He knows us better than we know ourselves, and He is ready to respond with Grace. He also knows that failure is like a sieve that can strengthen us. " Jessica LaGrone

I have a really hard time with expectations and disappointment as a mom and wife! God must deal with this as well, being our Holy Father, but he shows us unconditional love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness. These qualities are the ones that I strive for everyday. To show my children that when we are disappointed we can still be gentle and not lash out or recoil, we need to extend understanding and love. We have a choice just like God has a choice to reject us or to work on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment