ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Playing Catch Up

I really want to keep this blog as current to my life as possible, and not jump around or go back to the past. But to get you all caught up with where I am currently I have to fill you in on how I got here. I also want you to know that I am not all negative or a Debby-downer, and there have been just as many if not more happy times than the bad parts I’m sharing below.




The past 3 years have been a hot mess. So here is the short of it.
I was pregnant for most of 2010 with our youngest daughter being born November 11th 2010.  Over the summer my back kept going out causing me a ton of pain. In December our house was broken into, our daughter was scared afterward and took a steak knife to school for protection, got caught, had to go to court, and almost went to Juvenile Hall. Our house flooded due to a broken pipe in the ceiling about 2-3 months later. In early 2011 we found out I have 2 herniated discs, severe inflammation, and moderate nerve problems caused by the arthritis in my spinal joints (here we are 2014 and my pain is the same and no one knows what will make it better, if anything). During this time our finances were tighter than tight made worst by a slowing at my husband’s work and the added stress of another child. Needless to say I was at my wits end.
This year really has been a roller coaster also. My husband went from no overtime to working 60+ hours a week, the money has given us some breathing room but at the expense of my husband’s time at home. Our daughter who is a teenager (13) is so lovely to be around…not! And has been getting herself into some really trouble (I will share more about her later). My back is awful, we have tried almost everything there is too try without having major back surgery, and I am now on permanent disability. I lost a very close friend due to a fight. And my parents are moved to another state L
During all this time I just kept praying for guidance and patients. For God to please give me some kind of sign as to what I needed to do to get our life back to a good place. Isn’t it crazy how when bad things happen all we can think about is what WE have done wrong? It’s hard to think “what is God planning for us? What is all of this leading to?”
I can honestly say however without all of this I would not have re-engaged in my faith and relationship with God. Which all started by finding Lysa Terkeurstbook What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. You can check out Lysa's Blog @ http://lysaterkeurst.com/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment