ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Monday, January 13, 2014

Fasting for the Greater Me

On Sunday my church started a 21 day fast. I have chosen to do the partial fast of a one meal a day fast. I will choose one meal each day and fast through that meal. I am also exchanging my morning Facebook and Instagram time for bible study.

My reasons for fasting.

1. I am fasting for a greater me in 2014
2. That my daughter will receive the message of God in her heart and follow his path (so that she may stop getting in trouble and start getting along with me and her dad)
3. I am fasting for patience with my family and guidance to be a better parent and wife

All those at my church that are doing the fast wrote down what they are fasting for on a paper and placed it on the alter. Our pastor prayed over them all and we received a bracelet that is to remind us that there is more...We can look at it during the day when we are having hard times.



Fasting is a private discipline and is meant to be attainable. In these areas where you fast the time should be filled with God and building your relationship with God. I hope that I can make it through the whole 21 days and I am committed to try to get to the 21st day!!!!

I will post my progress as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment