ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Forgiveness and Peace

 photo butterfly_zpsbfca1213.jpg


Last night I was reading about forgiveness and peace and realized that I didn't really understand the way that forgiveness works. I have always gone to God to repent for my sins and ask for him to forgive me. I kind of just did it and then waited to fell better, to feel the weight being lifted. Well forgiveness from God also requires that we forgive ourselves and believe that we are in fact forgiven. We also need to remember that we are forgiven as we forgive others, "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.". Through forgiveness comes peace.

Lately I have been praying a lot for peace. Having a 14 year old daughter makes for a very moody and chaotic house. Most of the time my daughter doesn't want to get along with anyone, and more specifically with me. She fights and argues about everything, doing her chores, getting along with her sister, obeying our rules, and being respectful. Because of this and her getting into trouble I am more likely to react in anger than any other way. So I pray for peace, for a peaceful house! When we are at peace we handle almost anything that life throws at us. God gives us peace through faith. When we are in union with God and have strong faith there is no need to stress and worry.


 photo my-prayer-1-14_zps1ef20f30.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment