ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Fasting Progress

I have been doing very well to my surprise on my 21 day fast, but I am human and I must confess my slip ups. Last night we had some friends over for game night and I had a bottle of wine and then this morning I woke up and had breakfast. I also over slept and missed church this morning.


I am telling you this because we all make mistakes and slip up. God knows that we are not perfect, but if we have remorse of these mistakes and continue to walk in Gods path we can pick up where we left off.


God hears our prayers—if we obey Him. But when the need for an answer is great, fasting, along with prayer, is extremely effective. God takes notice and responds when He sees how serious you are and how important His way of life is to you. I feel that its important to continue my fast because it has changed my day. It has taught me to put aside my own selfish tasks in the morning and focus on God and what I want for the day. It helps me prioritize feel more happy and fulfilled. Since I broke 2 days of fasting I will add these two days to the end of my fast.


Fasting is a way to draw you closer to God, show you His will, bring guidance, direction, help, strength, and deliverance. It is also helping to show God my willingness to learn, read the bible, build my relationship with God and show thanks to Him.


I will post more updates as my fast continues. This week I will also be sharing some posts about my family and other fun topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment