ga('require', 'displayfeatures')

Monday, March 3, 2014

Church Problems - Finding and Loving a Church

Since attending church again I automatically went back to my "home church" the church where I went with my parents, Destiny Christian Church. Sunday was a celebration of 25 years, a look back at the past and a look forward to the future. Our pastor announced that the churches goal is to open a second location by 2015 and to open many locations in the next five years. As well as an increase in missionary work and community outreach. 

These are all great goals, but the way our pastor brought it to the church was a little offputting. Instead of asking the congregation to pray about these things and ask God to lead us toward meeting these goals, he more told the church that the church leaders had prayed about it and this is the plan.

https://www.facebook.com/DestinyRocklin
http://destinyrocklin.com/

I like attending a larger church and I understand that this is the model of the quote Megachurch. And I don't think that I have to agree a 100% with what the pastoral staff would like to have happen. I don't think there will ever be a church that we agree with everything that happens all the time. I like the messages and the worship and that's why I attend Destiny.

As things come up I will pray and if I want to volunteer or get involved I will and if not then I won't. 

I would love to know

Are you a member of your church?
Do you love everything about your church?
Do you like / attend a large or small church?

No comments:

Post a Comment